Monday, May 30, 2016

Happy Memorial Day...A Day of Remberance....


Good morning everyone!  I hope you have a wonderful day planned with your family and friends.  I just wanted to run through and share another Heartfelt Creations card with you.  This was featured on the Heartfelt Creations blog last Wednesday and I'm just now getting around to posting it here.  I used the Under the Sea Collection and made this quick and easy card that will be a snap to mail. I have just fallen in love with this collection and you will be seeing it pop up here often.   


Heartfelt Creations Products Used and Products Found in the HC Shop:
HCDP1-266 Under the Sea Paper Collection
HCPC-3738 Coral Reef Collage Cling Stamps
HCD1-798 Coral Reef Collage Die
HCPC-3737 Under the Sea Coral Cling Stamps
HCD1-797 Under the Sea Coral Dies
HCPC-3736 Tropical Hibiscus Cling Stamps
HCD1-796 Tropical Hibiscus Dies
HCST1-401 Deluxe Flower Shaping Kit
Crystal Art Glitter
Dove Blender Pen
Designer Dries Clear Glue
Art Institute Metal Glue Tip
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Minnie Pearls Prills

Other Products Used:  Rangers Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers, Mowed Lawn and Pumice Stone, Chalk, Spellbinders Standard Circles Large, Dimensional Tape, Seam Binding, Hot Glue

Instructions:
My card size is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".  Make card base and cover with a piece of the design paper and then cut circle in the front of the card.  Stamp, color and shape flower petals, port hole, turtle and fish.  I then shaped the fish, turtle and flower petals and added glitter where I thought it would look nice.  Set everything aside to dry.  Add the prills to flower center.  Next I chose another piece of the paper and covered the inside of the card and I cut out the center of one of the portholes on the paper and attached it to the inside of the card so it shows through the porthole.  I attached the fish I colored and glittered with a bit of dimensional tape to give it a pop.  I placed the turtle and a tag and glued them down with dimensional tape.  I then fussy cut a piece of coral and shell from the pretty paper and applied it with dimensional tape along the side of the porthole.  I found a little sentiment on the paper, cut it out and applied it with dimensional tape.  I tied a bow with seam binding and used hot glue to glue it down and then I applied the flower onto the bow.  

That's it for me this morning.  Enjoy this first holiday of the summer!

4 comments:

Lenoria said...

Glenda, this is such a cute card! Hope you have a wonderful day and everything is well in your corner of Tennessee!

Sylvia said...

Fun card, Glenda, Happy Memorial Day!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, that port hole is so cute peeking through to the fishy! So many fun cards you've made with this collection!

Maire Gamber said...

I love your beautiful underwater scene! Your card is lovely!
Hugs, Marie