Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Sisterhood of Crafters...Celebrate Moms

Good morning everyone and welcome to the new challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters.  In this challenge we are Celebrating Moms and Add a Flower.


 This is called an envelope card and is made by folding one 12 X 12 piece of design paper that is two sided.  You can find instructions for these all over YouTube so just pick one and follow along. I chose this pretty floral paper with lots of purple on a cream background.  I made a flower and cute little butterfly and used lots of lace and bling and a pretty purple ribbon to tie it all together. When you pull the ribbon it opens the flap and you can make a long card to fit inside.


This is the back side and on each side of the ribbon you can add small cards  and tuck them down inside.


These are the little cards I made to tuck inside of this envelope card.  I used a pretty Heartfelt Creations corner die to cut out purple cardstock to match the outside of my card.  Once they are tucked inside the envelope all you see are the pretty purple corners.  I definitely see more of these in my future!

Now it's your turn to create a project and link it to The Sisterhood's blog; I can't wait to see what you make.

I'm entering my creation in the following challenges:

15 comments:

JennyH said...

Popping over from Party Time Tuesdays, your envelope card is gorgeous.
I am your newest follower, just need to see more of your beautiful work : )

Diane said...

Beautiful Glenda...wow...I LOVE this gorgeous and creative card.....so unique and different...the papers are beautiful, too..love love it!!

Diane said...

Beautiful Glenda...wow...I LOVE this gorgeous and creative card.....so unique and different...the papers are beautiful, too..love love it!!

Darlene said...

WOW! What a cool idea and it's just gorgeous! As you know purple is my all time favorite so I'm thinking you probably made this especially for my liking! LOL! Seriously ... beautiful, unique and very inspirational! WELL DONE my friend!

Patricia said...

Beautiful, just beautiful and I LOVE it
Patricia x

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh My!!! So, so Pretty, the envelope part is just so Pretty!!! and the little cards too... this I got to try..
Thanks for sharing Glenda!!!!

Asmah Zainal Abidin said...

Beautiful creation Glenda! So cute butterfly, pretty flower and lovely lace. Thank you so much for entering our ATG challenge at Through The Craft Room Door this fortnight. Looking forward to see you again next challenge. Have a nice day Glenda!

Fondly,
Asmah
TTCRD DT
Qinaahana Arts and Crafts {My Blog}

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful creation! Another lovely project to CASE!

Sand Lee said...

This is just beautiful! Love the many little parts to it! xx

Sand Lee said...

This is just beautiful! Love the many little parts to it! xx

Leslie Miller said...

I've never seen one of these before. It's gorgeous! I love the purple and the pretty papers. I don't get on You Tube much, but you sure can learn a lot of fun crafty things there.

papinou87 said...

ELLE EST TROP BELLE BRAVO BRAVO A+

Candy's Creations Blog said...

This is gorgeous!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

That's one of my favorite papers you used! And the design is so pretty! I'll have to look this up and make one. I love the idea! Hugs!

Sabina said...

Beautiful. Love the papers :)
Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.
Sabina DT