Friday, November 14, 2014

Christmas in Cream and Mint.......

Good morning everyone and welcome to a frigid East Tennessee. We are sitting at 26 degrees and I had to drag out the heavy socks this morning!  Yesterday we had a mixed bag of weather, rain, wind, snow, sleet and dropping temperatures! That's what I love about where I live...it never gets boring!

I'm here this morning to share another Christmas card with you.  I hope you are not getting bored with these because I have several to make yet.  I know it seems like that is all I'm doing but today I'm taking a break from Christmas and working on a card for the Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop that will be coming your way the 25th of this month. (Just a little tickler for you) Be sure and be around for that!  Now here is my card:


This is called The Belleek Inspired Technique.  You use whatever embossing folder you have and either use a brayer to ink the front part of the folder or you can just rub the ink pad directly onto the folder.  For my card I inked the front part (the part that has the name printed on it) and it gives this look.  You can do the other side and come up with a totally different look, but I'm partial to this look.  This is another one from the beautiful Holiday Folder set from Anna Griffin and Cuttlebug...wonder if they appreciate all the advertisement I've been giving these folders this  year?  This folder is called Festive Stripe and I simply love the elegant look of it!  I don't know if you can see it but the seam binding has just a tiny hint of mint and it's tied into a double bow. Love that seam binding!  The sentiment is from a retired Stampin-Up set and I'm getting a lot of mileage out of that too!

Well that is about it for me this morning.  Hope you have a wonderful Friday and if it is cold where you are....keeps those toes toasty!

7 comments:

craftieodmae said...

I love this!!!!!! Gotta try it, tfs!!

Rita said...

My kind of card Glenda. Love doing this technique for backgrounds too. Snuggle up and keep warm. Hugs Rita xxx

Nan G said...

Love the simple elegance of your card! This is one of my favorite techniques learned when I first started stamping eons ago. Great e.f. To use for this style and a gorgeous hint of mint in the ribbon. Hugs

Patricia said...

I love using this technique.
You have made a gorgeous card using it with your AG Folder.
Love the delicate colours and design

Patricia x

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda, I love your technique. That soft green is everywhere! Have a wonderful Friday evening, I am a little late, the brain must be in a deep freeze!LOL! It thawed in time to remember to stop by for a visit!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word! How beautiful and simple, but most of all beautiful! The embossing folder is incredible! I love the mint color you used with it. Got to make a point of using this technique. Your card is so gorgeous it hurts! Stay warm, Glenda!

Linda W. said...

Hey girl, I love this idea. Just got into a Christmas card club and it gives me a chance to supplement my cards with something diff! Beautiful bow too!