Friday, October 10, 2014

Double Front Card.....

I love those special fold cards and think they are awesome, but I seldom get into that type of card because they just seem too fussy for me.  Every now and then I come across one that is not too difficult and I just  have to try it.  I found the instructions on Pinterest and just had to give it a try.  I wrote down all the dimensions as I watched the video and now I can make one anytime I want without trying to find the video again.  I needed a birthday card and I used this Double Front Card and I just love how it turned out.


 I used a Stampin Up set of retired stamps for the sentiments.  I love how elegant the lettering is and  had forgotten I had this set.  You know the old saying...Out of sight, Out of mind.....


This picture shows the second front part of the card.  I used the Anna Griffin embossing folder (Foundry) on this card and I love the look it gives.


Clean and simple inside of the card.  I always leave this part blank and I can write a message for the recipient.  It just gives the card the personal touch I think.

I really enjoyed making this card and will make more of these soon.  Hope you are ready for your weekend and that you get to do something you love.


8 comments:

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I love the simple beauty of this, Glenda! Neat fold, I may have to try it, although I tend to stay away from fancy folds as well. Thanks for sharing!

craftieodmae said...

this is gorgeous, I love that fold too!!!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Lovely and simple, I like it!!! This is a great idea for a personl note and still be able to display the card. Yep I'll have to try this one too.
Thanks for stopping by for your visits on my blog too!

Sylvia said...

That is a beautiful card, Glenda, love the clean lines and the embossing. I am with you on fold cards, lots of work went into this one, lots of layers! Hope your Friday has been a good one.

Leslie Miller said...

This is so elegant and beautiful, Glenda! The green with the gold and the lovely embossing is pure class. I like interesting folds and they're fun to execute, but my stamping time is so precious and limited these days I rarely take the time. There are some simple ones, though, that I need to revisit. This turned out very special!

Janie Printz said...

Beautifully elegant card Glenda, love the embossing on it & that wonderful stamp set. I love the folds on this one & will definately have to give it a try ... It doesn't look too terribly difficult for me to try & figure out.
Janie

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Glenda, I'm like you can't do the fancy folds, this looks simple but wow so beautiful, the texture is gorgeous, I love to add the personal touch also, fantastic card, thanks for sharing hope you have a wonderful weekend, ((( BIG HUGS)))..

Candy C said...

Hi Glenda. Your birthday card you are featuring on your blog is beautiful! So elegant with the green and white embossing. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave such a sweet comment. It's an honor to do a guest design spot for Craft Hoarders Anonymous! <3 Candy