Monday, January 13, 2014

More Flowers....

Good morning everyone.  I'm here to share another card with you because I'm still making daisy flowers.  I don't think I still have it down pat but I think I have finally figured out what I need to do to make them look the way I want.  Sometimes it just takes time for new things to get into my thick skull and this seems to be one of those times.  But I do not intend to give up until I get this right so please bear with me.  I have made 5 more of the flowers and they all look the same and the all look not quite right.  A friend of mine, Selma Stevenson , has given me some pointers on these and she designs for Susan's Garden so she is the authority.  I have to say I bow to Selma and I strive to be just a little bit like her.  Her flower making skills are wonderful!


I kept this card pretty simple because I wanted to show off my flowers and the new chicken wire die I got from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Well I've not been practicing what I preach about using what I have...but you know me.  I'll use chewing gum for glue before I'll pass up a die that I love!  Well I didn't really use gum but I would if I had to.  I didn't use any designer papers because I wanted these elements to stand on their own and they really did...I like the clean looks of the card.  Hope you like it and I hope you don't get tired of looking at these daisies cause they are gonna keep coming until I get it right.  The sentiment is from Flourishes Life Lines set.

OK, that does it for me this morning.  Have a wonderful day and take a moment to Breathe!

17 comments:

Rita said...

My goodness Glenda, you make stunning flowers. No two daisies look alike anyway, so don't be to hard on yourself. They are beautifully created and I need that chicken wire die too. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxx

Selma said...

Hi Glenda. I see more shaping and your daisies are more dimensional this time. They look like you picked them from your garden. This is a beautiful card. Well done my friend.

Becky said...

Glenda, this is fabulous....I love that CAS look on this as well and the daisies look perfect to me. Great job!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a fabulous card! It makes me happy just looking at it! Beautiful posies!

craftieodmae said...

Absolutley gorgeous, those flowers look so real!!!!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda! I love the trellis and the beautiful daisies! Wonderful work!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda, love the lattice and of course the daisies! Have a beautiful Monday!

Patricia said...

Your flowers are absolutely stunning. I love these daisies they make a fantastic display on your wonderful card.

Patricia xx

Judi said...

Gorgeous. If you would please stop buying new dies and showing them off so beautifully, it would definitely help my bank account!!

Susanne said...

This is perfection. It makes me want to ship my entire flower collection to you - I'll never be able to whip up such luxuriousness.

Lenoria said...

This card is beautiful! I think you
"got it right" but I hope you keep the daisies coming, makes me think of spring.

Nan G said...

Beautiful daisies! Keep 'em coming, Glenda. Love the simple nature of this card. The individual elements are fab!

Cccam Server Best Provider in UK said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carol Hurlock said...

Oh that is so pretty. I think I got that die in my stocking from Santa at Christmas...lol Like you I have a real "die" addiction. I love how you did the coloring in the center of the daisy. Just wonderful.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Leslie Miller said...

Well, Glenda, I'm going to be awed when you get those flowers down pat because I still say they look perfect to me. I can't imagine how they could be better. I'm completely in love with this card! The daisies and chicken wire are perfect together. Love the partial cut on the chicken wire. That die has been on my wish list a long time. I kept picturing it with chicken stamps, but it's so much prettier with flowers!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Glenda, these are gorgeous.

Cheryl said...

My gosh, Glenda, this card is stunning! Your daisies are just beautiful--nothing wrong with them that I can see! :) And, I LOVE the chicken wire die cut. I had issues with Cheery Lynn awhile back and swore off them, but I might have to relent for this die!