Monday, July 8, 2013

Fancy Fold Card.......

I  am here this morning to share another card with you that I have made.  This one has a little bit of a fancy fold to it and I really like the concept.

I have no idea what this fold is called but it folds behind the center piece and becomes a 4" X 6" card.  When you open it up like it is presented above, it becomes a 6" X 12" card.  I saw this on Pinterest and just had to try it.  I really like the different folds but seldom try them, so this is something a little different for me. 

Do you use fancy folds on your cards?  What is your favorite?  Sometimes we need to do a little something different to keep us on our toes. 

Well I know this is short and sweet this morning but I just wanted to run through and share this with you!  We are expecting sunshine in these parts today and we are all so excited!  I'm hoping to get to spend some time outdoors just soaking it in.  It seems it has rained for a solid week and I'm in great need of some light therapy! 

Have a great day!

Hugs
Glenda

8 comments:

Rita said...

Stunning card Glenda. Hugs Rita xx

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

That is a fun fold! I like the way it opens out. I do make fancy folds every now and again...but I needed a reminder to change it up a bit. Thanks for doing that!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

This is a real Beauty how you used the folded area! And it's a nice big one too...
I do like folded cards and try at least one out when I see them... in fact I've been working on one this past week and it's just about wipped me... I'll be posting it later today maybe.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

just lovely, Magpie Shaz.xx

craftieodmae said...

absolutley gorgeous!!!!! I'm at work this morning and will see how it goes......

Sylvia said...

Wonderful card, Glenda, I love all the pretty background for that beautiful bird! don't have a favorite fold, I just love making cards and seeing new layouts! this one would be great for any holiday! Have a wonderful Monday!

Leslie Miller said...

This wonderful fold makes great use of the beautiful paper. Love how you added the stamp with the pretty bird. This almost looks like a double accordian gatefold card viewed from the back. That's one of my favorite folds, but I don't do fancy folds very often. I just don't think of it, but I need to remind myself because this turned out so pretty!

Nan G said...

Cool card! Love this reverse fold card. Hugs