Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Birthday.....


Good morning everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend and that it was a safe one.  We spent the days resting quietly in the cool of the AC as our temps were pretty hot!    This morning I'm sharing a card I made for a upcoming birthday.  I used a Saturated Canary image and colored this little lady with Ranger Distress inks.  She is all ready for the rain and I think she is just such a cute image.  Once she was colored, I fussy cut her and placed her on the blue oval background.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3363 Inspire Me Sentiments PreCut Set.  I also used the Vivienne Butterfly from Memory Box cut out of a lighter blue card stock and then I used stickles over it to add a little shine.  And of course, you know me, I had to use lots of Spellbinders dies too. 

Well that's about it for me this morning.  I hope you enjoy my card as much as I have enjoyed making it.  It is always so much fun to get my fingers a little dirty.

8 comments:

Rita said...

I love this image Glenda, even although I don't have any little ones to send to now. The colours are just perfect. Enjoy your day. Hugs Rita xxx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...beautiful...loVely shading with these gorgeous colours Glenda...such a cute image & a very pretty card...Mel :)

Sylvia said...

Such a sweet card, Glenda, I love the colors you used, perfect for a summer shower! Love the butterfly and all the die cuts as well. Have a wonderful day!

505whimsygirl said...

Hi Glenda,

What a cute card! But I must admit, I like ALL your cards! ;-)

My weekend was o.k. Lots of wind and smoke from some NM wildfires (not close to me this time).

Hugs,
Kay

Patty Sue 2 said...

Glenda,
Your card is lovely. I love the Krista Simith images and you have made this one look so cute. Love the butterfly also!

Dawn B. said...

I really like these SC images. They are all so cute. Your coloring is perfect. We stayed in too as it was hot here. Good relaxing time.

The Other Patti Sue said...

Lovely card Glenda! You certainly showcased this cute image perfectly!

Lisa Lynne said...

Glenda - this is a really cute image! And your coloring is beautiful as always.