Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Rainy Thursday Morning.....


Good morning bloggers!  I hope you are getting off to a good start this morning.  I'm running a little behind and no, it is not because I slept in.  I was up at 4AM which is my normal time; has been for many years.  I think it comes from all those years of working and even though I worked in an office, I started at 7AM for many years.  I still like the quiet at that time of day.  Nothing is moving inside or out!  Kinda nice!   But I had some other chores to get done early today and so I'm just now getting here!

This card is another of the Heartfelt Creations cards that I made using the new release set of stamps from the Classic Christmas Collection.  I just love the look of the evergreen tree and I always feel like less is more where these are concerned.  My card is pretty basic with stamping, and using distress inks to shade the watercolor paper; a little ribbon, a little glitz, and a sentiment and it is ready to go.   I hope you enjoy this one, I just love using non-traditional colors.  I really like green and red, but for years, I have loved seeing all the different colors used at Christmas.  If you want the specifics and all the supplies used, just pop over to the Heartfelt Creations blog and have a look.

Well that is it for me this morning.  I'm moving on to other things now.  I'm working on a birdhouse and will share it with you later!

Have a great day and remember to take a moment and "Breathe"!
 

11 comments:

Olena said...

WOW! This is awesome card! Love it! Olena

Wendy said...

What a beautiful card! I'm looking forward to getting Halloween done so I can focus entirely on Christmas!
Rainy morning here too--and the fog is like pea soup! I'm almost caught up and ready to start blogging again. Almost!
Have a great Thursday!

Patty Sue 2 said...

I think this is one of my favorite stamp sets this season. I love the simple look and yet it speaks volumes! Beautiful card! (We were up at the same time!)

Sylvia said...

Another lovely card, Glenda! Everyone is doing Christmas, sigh! Have a wonderful day.

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Oh how Lovely! So simple and Beautiful, and the colors you used are very nice too... Beautiful look!

Lisa Lynne said...

Very pretty - I like the use of the star with the tree!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a lovely card and great start for your mailing list? Happy rest of the week. Pat

HappyCrafter said...

This is very beautiful, I really like how you added the star!

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

So sorry this is late Glenda, life got in the way again !!! I love how this has turned out, such a lovely christmas card
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxx

The Other Patti Sue said...

You are so right... less is more! This is classic Christmas card perfection... beautiful!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Catching up and this is another pretty card. I really love this Tree Stamp. Enjoy