Friday, July 29, 2011

Another Tag for My Stash......

I was into making tags when Joan over at joanscreations.blogspot.com was having the weekly tag challenge on her blog.  I love the idea of having a little extra gift to slip down into a gift bag just for that special someone!  So this morning I have a tag to share with you.



I just love this image of the little boy and girl and they are stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with Ranger Distress Inks.  I cut out the image using a Spellbinders Oval die and added a Spellbinder edge along the right side of the tag.  The tag and decorative edge had been colored with Distress Inks and then sprayed with Pearl Ex Spray.  It gives the tag a sort of aged shimmery look and feel.  I added little flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts that have been colored with Inks and sprayed with the shimmer spray also.  

Now this little number will be waiting in my cabinet for just the right time and I will slip it down into a bag to go along to someone special.  I love having cards and gift tags stored up and ready to go.  It seems like that is the only thing I have under control these days.  Life has been tedious at best lately.  It is so hot you can't be outside for any length of time and I'm beginning to feel shut in...Cabin Fever...  The problem is, August is next before we have any sort of cool down.  I checked my flower beds this morning and they are overgrown with weeds!  I spent an hour pulling weeds and I have several more hours of work before they will look normal again.  So I will have to get out early and work a little each day for a few days.  (Not my favorite chore)  Nothing like standing with your butt stuck up in the air for all the neighbors to see...Oh well, maybe they will all sleep in for a few days!

I'm posting early, and I'm off for a second cup of coffee so I can face the day!  Have a great day and if you find yourself outside, with your butt stuck up in the air, just remember to Breathe!

12 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda,no 'but stuck in the air'
for me today ! Its school holidays
here so i've got Ella-mae my grandaughter this week !
beautiful card Glenda !!
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxx

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your tag is adorable. I should also stockpile a few.
I hear ya on the weeds. I can't move about that great early AM outside.Everything is so wet too. Not been a fun summer for outside things.My poor husband is out everyday and zaps him totally. Eastern IA had 14 to 20 inches of rain, so just happy we haven't had any storm problems.
Enjoy the weekend..both mom and dad are sharing a hospital room, so will see what today brings.

craftieodmae said...

beautiful tag, I love the image too!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

You are one tough lady is all I can say. Up early with butt held high to pull weeds.. then back inside to post for us to see your beautiful pare of youngsters in the flowers.... Stall coo if you can! Our heat index was in the 100's again... but we have had rain each day in the evening....

Jan Hennings said...

How sweet! I love the box in your previous post ALOT..I may have to give it a try :)

Broni said...

This tag is so precious, Glenda! What a fabulous surprise when the recipient pulls it out of their gift bag!! Stay cool and keep your butt out of the air!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful tag, Glenda! Those images are so cute and I love the way you used your dies. The flowers are wonderful, too. As for weeds, there are none here, the flowers are having enough trouble staying alive, there are no bugs, although there are still ants, that is how dry we are. Have a wonderful day and try and stay cool!

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh this is BEAuTiful!

Wendy said...

Our vegetable garden is at the front of our property, so when I'm out there with my butt stuck up in the air, I sometimes get honks from the truckers going down the highway. I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or take it as a compliment at my advancing age!
Beautiful, beautiful tag. Stay cool out there!!

JustYolie said...

Oh the image is so darling! Love your work. :) I'm a new follower. :)

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty, pretty! Your tags are always so special, Glenda. I LOVE the sweet flowers on this one!

Patty Sue 2 said...

My goodness you were busy while I was gone. I love the tag and the image is adorable.