Monday, April 18, 2011

Tilda in Yellow.....

Ladies of a certain age (I mean old ladies like me) remember having an Easter Outfit to wear to Church on Sunday.  This is still a tradition today, but when I was a girl, you got black patent leather shoes, lacy socks, a frilly dress, white gloves and to top it all off an Easter Bonnet!  This little Tilda just reminds me of those days and I just had to have her.  You don't see many people wearing hats these days, I can't tolerate them and the white gloves are just not done anymore.....so here is my little Tilda with her Easter Bonnet!


My image was stamped onto watercolor paper and colored with Ranger Distress Inks.  A couple of layers, some pretty paper.....a butterfly cut out of paper and some yellow ribbon of course!  Pretty simple really.

Monday has rolled around and I'm hoping you have had a glorious weekend!  Our weather was improving all weekend and today is supposed to be wonderful with temps in the 70's and lots of sun!  So enjoy your day and I'm hoping you have a beautiful day wherever you are!

6 comments:

craftieodmae said...

gorgeous card, image is adorable!!!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

She is so CUTE head to toe! That is just the cutes image and you did a Great job coloring her too!

Carla S. said...

This is so cute, Glenda! Great job coloring the sweet Tilda!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, boy, I remember those days -- lacy socks and patent leather shoes and a hat with a long ribbon hanging down the back. Always with the white gloves, too. Your little Tilda is adorable!

Sylvia said...

Lovely Tilda! Love the colors you used. Yes, I remember our Easter bonnets, only we had a white dress and white patent leather shoes. My mom wore hats all her life and loved them, me I only wear a sun hat when working in the garden during the heat of the day! Beautiful card and memories, Glenda!

Starla said...

Well, I do remember getting more dressed up for Easter...no bonnet or gloves tho! But ringlets and frilly dresses were in the mix! hehe

Very cute Tilda!