Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Snowman Card....


Good morning everyone!  Today I would like to share my latest card with you....The image is a digi from Sassy Cheryl's.  If you like digi designs you might love this website!  I printed the image onto watercolor paper and colored with Ranger Distress inks.  I'm really enjoying this technique but I'm not very good at it.  They say practice makes perfect....but I'm finding I put a lot of images into the trash because I'm still learning about which side of the watercolor paper to print onto, which colors to use for shading, where to shade, etc...etc... you get the drift.  I'm somewhat happy with this little guy and decided to mount him onto a card and share.  This would be a wonderful winter card for just about anybody.  I used Spellbinders dies to create a tag for the sentiment and the snowman is mounted onto a piece of card stock out of my bin and cut with another Spellbinders Die.  The striped paper is also out of my scrap bin and I mounted that onto Gina K. Designs card stock in Dark Brown.  The base card is white and the inside is blank so I can write a message on the inside.  The snowflake is made from a punch, glitter added and to add a little hint of blue, I added some Broken China Distress Ink.

I hope you enjoy my little snowman, I've really had a lot of fun creating him!

Supplies:
Sassy Cheryl's Image
Ranger Distress Inks
Spellbinders Dies
Flourishes....Sentiment
Scor-Tape
Gina K Designs Card Stock
Paper out of scrap bin

8 comments:

Margarita Ybarra said...

Cute snowman. Is he waving or shivering?! LOL :)

Starla said...

I'd say that your coloring ROCKS!! I love this snowman! (maybe 'cause he he made of snowflakes and I kind of have a thing for those!! hehe)

Dawn B. said...

Awwwwwwwww.. This is so sweet. I just love Cheryl's images.. They are some of my favorites.. Your coloring is awesome.. You are too hard on yourself.. Looks great from here.. I need to try this.. Do you use the reinkers or the ink pads??? I have both.. Just wondering also if you heat set your ink when it comes out of the printer.. I saw the other day where someone actually got theirs entirely wet when it came out and then dried it.. Great card here Glenda...

The Rubber Maid said...

Well I love your little guy and your coloring is awesome. You did a fantastic job with every part of this card. Pat

Sylvia said...

Love your snowman Glenda! Keep the cards coming!

Beate said...

Your watercoloring rocks! Gorgeous snowman and card.
Hugs and smiles

ChristineCreations said...

Just adorable....your watercoloring looks fantastic!

Julie Koerber said...

Oh Glenda, I am a sucker for snowmen and this one surely warms the heart! Fantastic coloring job!!!