Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lady in Red.....

Well, we have had some interesting weather the last couple of days!  Lots of wind and rain and I had a little bit of time for creating so here are the fruits of my labor:


For some reason, I can't seem to take a picture straight to save my life!  Sometimes I get so frustrated I just want to spit!  I'm just not a photo person it seems!  The image is a 'hAngler stamp and I colored her with Distress Inks to match my background.  I used Spellbinders Dies to mount her on the card.  I used Zots 3Ds to set up some from the mounting squares.  The flower is one of the Camelot Roses I made that looks like the Prima Flowers.  The flower was colored with Distress Inks and the edges twisted while it was still a little damp.  I added stickles for a little extra shine on the edges of the flower.  The papers are from my stash (I think I found these at Hobby Lobby on their paper shelf.    This card reminds me of Christmas.....go figure....since I've started my Holiday cards.....this could be one of them too!  I'm still struggling with cheeks....just can't get them to look the way I want.  This way of coloring takes a lot of practice, so bear with me as I learn this technique.  I love the look the Distress Inks give, they remind me of an antique look.
Some days this works for me, some days it does not.  Hence.....Practice, Practice, Practice!

I hope you enjoy this little card...I'm thinking it will probably go into my Christmas Box even though I didn't start out for it to be a Christmas card. 

Supplies:
Gina K Designs Card Stock
Spellbinders Dies
'hAngler Stamp
Distress Inks
Homemade Flower
Papers from my Stash
Scor-Tape
Zot's 3Ds

7 comments:

Janie Printz said...

What a wonderful card. I love your coloring & your cheeks look just great !!! I so love all hAnglar images & sure wish we could get them here in the US.
That flower is simply AMAZING. I'm really into the handmade flowers right now & this is one of the prettiest I've seen. Did you use a thin designer paper to make it? Was it punches or Tim Holtz's dies?

The Rubber Maid said...

Sweet card and the flower is just wonderful. I'm a wimp when it comes to making flowers but you seem to have it totally done in a very artistic way. Lovely. Pat
Guess the wind is making a hit every where...it was horrible here but finally died down.

Broni said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! I think it's just perfect for Christmas! That flower is AMAZING! It actually looks so real! I love it!

Sylvia said...

Goodmorning Glenda! I love this card. It is too pretty to give away, frame it! You will laugh but the girls face reminds me of the L Red Riding Hood from the golden book from the late 40's. I have been looking through the few books I have left and saw that one. Very Cherublike face. As for you gorgeous flower, it is magnificent! Hope your weather gives you some more time to play!

Leslie Miller said...

Your coloring is lovely! The red and the designer paper are gorgeous and I can certainly see this as a Christmas card. And, OH, that flower! Love seeing the results of your flower-making on your cards and projects. Hope the weather straightens up for you and me, both!

Jerri Jimenez said...

A beautiful Christmas card Glenda, your flower is over-the-top gorgeous girl! Wishing you better weather. How far are you from Nashville?

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the way you made the flower...so full and beautiful and yeah taking photos of certain projects is so frustrating sometimes!!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia