Sunday, July 11, 2010

A New Friend


Good morning to all of you!  As many of you know, I am an early riser.....conditioning from many, many years of working on public works as my Mom would say.  So each morning I visit my favorite blogs to see what is going on out there.  I do this because I am curious and want to learn and to be quiet so my dear hubby can sleep as long as he can.   Now one of my favorite blogs is:  fresh & fun   Beate Johns is the author and such an amazingly talented lady.  She makes the most amazing videos and I have learned many, many techniques from watching.  I guess you could say I have stalked her!  Beate, please don't take offense as my stalking is totally harmless!  Well to make a long story short, Beate sent me a little kindness package and I have to tell you, I have never had anyone be so kind to me before!  Beate, this card is for you!  It is Clean and Simple and to the point! 

I stamped the image in Memento Rich Cocoa ink and colored with Copic Markers.  I cut lots of square layers and total card is 3 X 3.  Perfect for one of my little ladies in the nursing home to give to her family or friends.  I took yellow ribbon and a Copic Marker and made the deeper shade of gold for bow.  The colors on this card really remind me of fall and I am already looking forward to that time of year, when things began to cool down and leaves start to fall and the winds blow.  It is so hot here in East Tennessee.  We are having one of the hottest summers on record!  It is making this old broad huff and puff! 

Have a wonderful Sunday!

1 comment:

ChristineCreations said...

This is beautiful! I love the clean design and the beautiful color to the flower!