Tuesday, February 9, 2010

OCTOBER CALENDAR



As you can see I'm not very good at using copics to color the Mums. I kept fiddling with the image and adding stuff over it to mask my incompetence and suddenly I really liked the way the image looked. It reminds me of something weathered and very old like it belonged to my Grandmother...I first colored with copic then added distress ink from Ranger to age the patina then after all that I covered it in Crystal Lacquer, it sort of reminds me of an old brooch. As you can see I have become quite taken with butterflies. I love all things with nature, flowers, birds, bees and now butterflies and dragonflies. Sometimes i just flit from one thing to another and then I focus in onto something and become quite obsessed with it. Anyway I hope you enjoy.

Weather flash. They are calling for another winter storm to come through here tonight and into tomorrow. I am seeing Robins in the yard.....come on Spring!!!!

No comments: