Monday, May 9, 2016

Thanks a Bunch.....

Good morning friends. I'm here to share another card I made using bits and pieces lying on my desk.  Every now and then I just have to take a smidgen of time and clean up so I can start fresh.  The flower petals (Heartfelt Creations Botanical Rose cling stamps) were already cut out as well as the pretty oval piece. This made my card came together really quickly.


I just colored the flowers with Distress inks and then dyed the seam binding to match.  All you have to do is wet the seam binding then dab it in the color, scrunch and let it dry.  I had white Prills and wanted a pale green so I poured some out over the ink pad and rolled them around with my finger.  They took the color pretty well and I am able to utilize my supplies better.

Well that's it for me this morning.  My plan is to attack the weeds in my garden this morning.  It's a dirty job, but one that must happen if I plan to be able to find my vegetables!  I hope you all have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Beautiful card...I love the colors and your flowers are gorgeous!

Starla said...

Lovely as always!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful flowers, Glenda, I love the purple color! Hope you have a wonderful Monday, have fun with the weeds.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, I should have such gorgeous pieces laying around my stamp room! Beautiful, Glenda! I always love your dyed ribbon, too. Never thought of wetting it before inking it. Thanks for your explanation!

Darlene said...

Just beautiful Glenda and of course since purple is my favorite color this card really sings to me! Love that you did the leaves the same color as the flowers ... wouldn't have thought to do that! Hmmmmm! Your little tips & tricks were well received also! Have a great day getting dirty ... but I totally understand where you're coming from! The weeds grow faster than anything else in the garden it seems! HUGS and HAPPY DAY!!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love the colours. Cara x

Janie Printz said...

Gorgeous card Glenda, always adore your creations but this one is especially beautiful. I'm going to have to buy some of those pretty pills & give them a try. Also love your dyed to match ribbon.,all in all an amazing card !!!
hugs, Janie

SussiPoppins said...

Sooooo love this card!

Mez Lydiard said...

Beautiful Glenda. Thank you so much for your handy tips. It is great when you girls who are so accomplished, share your craft. Thank you so much.