Monday, January 5, 2015

Quick And Easy Out The Door Birthday Card.......


I needed to make a quick birthday card for a male member of my family and he is a no nonsense, no frills kinda guy.  So no little extras on this card.  The ribbon is actually stretching it a bit but I'm hoping that will be acceptable since it is a simple bow.  I just love the picture of the sweet little bird and berries.  I started with a white pearl and used an alcohol marker to make it match the berries.  I love that you can take white ribbons and pearls and color them to match your project. So I keep white pearls and white ribbons stocked and ready to go.

It's cold here this morning...32 degrees and the wind is whipping.  Snow flurries are forecast with no accumulations expected.  Winter is here!

7 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card for your friend, Glenda, love the photo of the bird you used! Have a happy Monday!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous, Glenda! Love that bird photo!

Patricia said...

Beautiful card, I love that sweet image of the bird and your brilliant design.
Cold and damp here, no snow at low levels but it's there on the mountains I see out the kitchen window.
Holding it just stays up there

Patricia x

Darlene said...

Yep, you nailed this one! Perfect for a guy ... even with the ribbon knot! LOVE the image and the design showcases it perfectly! Brrrrr COLD here in Ohio today ... 6 degrees and snowing. I'm just glad it waited until after all the holiday traveling to begin! HUGS to you my friend and stay warm! As for me ... I'm hiding in my cave ... no need to go out till it clears! LOL!

Leslie Miller said...

Hey, even guys tie knots. I think it will be well received with this beautiful nature image and the earthy colors. Just the fact that you made it for him makes it special and I know it will be appreciated. Keep yourself snug and warm in your stamp room, Glenda!

Ms. Linda said...

Gorgeous card, befitting of a man. Where did you find the beautiful picture?

Marisa Job said...

Great card Glenda! Very creative! Hugs!