Monday, August 19, 2013

A Holiday Tag.....

Good morning everyone!  I hope you are up and ready to go this morning.  I'm here to share with you a holiday tag I have made.  I love having tags on hand to slip down inside a gift bag or to just give on their own as a keepsake or just a reminder that I have been thinking about you.  I always make the larger tags and they can take as much time to make as one of my cards so they are each a work of love and a little piece of me!


I don't always use the traditional tag and love using some of the beautiful Spellbinders dies and I love working with the watercolor paper as well.  The paper just adds more strength and stability and usually will handle anything I decide to put on the front.  Today I have used the Decorative Labels Eight and I cut a Labels Eight and ran it through a swiss dots embossing folder and then cut out the poinsettia and colored it with distress inks.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3428 Script Christmas Tree PreCut Set.  It was actually pretty quick and easy and I love the soft look!

OK, that is it for me this morning.  Have a great day and I hope you find a small amount of time just for you and "Breathe"!

9 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful Tag Glenda. Hugs Rita xx

craftieodmae said...

I love this, I need to make more tags, I just don't think about them til I see your gorgeous ones..............

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love tags, and this one is so beautiful with that decorative edge and the embossing. Your poinsettia is gorgeous, too. Christmas will be here before we turn around twice, won't it? Raining here today, too. Have a good day!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

You have a real talent for Lovely Tags for sure... This one is another Beauty... I love how you used the swiss dots folder for the background...

Sylvia said...

Beautiful tag, Glenda, love the embossed background and the softness of the colors! You are really getting in the Christmas spirit! Have a bright and cheery Monday!

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous holiday tag, Glenda!

Wendy said...

What a beautiful tag! I had a browse through the paper crafting aisles at Michael's today and thought of you!

Nan G said...

Oh my word, this is gorgeous, Glenda!

Mary Ann said...

WOW!That's a GORGEOUS Tag!!!