Monday, June 25, 2012

Fairy Dust.....


Just so you know, I missed visiting with you on Friday...I was up to my elbows in green beans.  Mother nature doesn't let us pick and choose when the produce comes, so we have to be ready.  I would have much rather been playing, but those beans will sure taste good this winter.  I finished Saturday morning and then spent the rest of the day cleaning my mess.  So yesterday I was able to finish my card for you.  I did miss all your visits and hope to get back on a regular schedule soon. 

My card this morning has a little fairy image that a sweet friend stamped and sent to me to color.  I have no idea the name of the company, but she is just so cute!  I colored her using Aqua ProMarkers and distress inks.  When I'm using the ProMarkers, I smudge some color on a piece of acrylic and use my paint brush just like I would with the distress inks.  I have better control this way and find it works well for me.  I added glitter to her wings to give some glitz and a few sparkles here and there.
Several Spellbinders Dies and some pretty paper; a little bow and done!  I hope you enjoy her...I have had so much fun coloring her.  I have a couple more of these images and think I will try some different colors. 

That about does it for me this morning.  I hope you have a wonderful day and find a little time to play.  We all need some down time here and there.  I'll see you back here on Wednesday for WOYWW!

14 comments:

marsha said...

Absolutely adorable! Love the brown and blue and what great coloring on your image!
Hugs,
Marsha

craftieodmae said...

canning anything is a lot of work, I stopped that years ago after my kids were grown.......being it's just the 2 of us, I just buy em canned LOL, call me lazy, your card is breathtaking, I love that image and your coloring is perfect!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...gorgeous image what a loVely flow it has, the way the breeze has taken her hair and the ruffles on her dress, very pretty & a loVely colour choice Glenda...very pretty mak...Mel :)
Nature always comes first & how loVely to be growing your own produce Glenda, I live in a flat and there is a waiting list for allotment plots :(

The Other Patti Sue said...

Olga just cracks me up... I always enjoy her comments! This is simply beautiful! So pleasing to the eye! Don't work to hard!

Becky said...

Glenda, this is so cute....your coloring is beautiful! Our garden is dried up from the hot sun...we did manage to can 14 qts. of green beans before the sun baked the vines...hoping for a good crop of tomatoes, however.

Sylvia said...

Your card is beautiful, all the die cuts are gorgeous, Glenda and the fairy is beautifully colored. I love the white with the turquoise. Have a wonderful day!

scrappymo! said...

This card is so very sweet!
Lovely image!

Marie-Louise said...

Beautiful card.

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Your card made me smile. Wonderful use of colors and she is adorable. Sometimes it would be nice to be a kid again and have time to dream away and believe in the magic of life.
Have a wonderful week.

kathi17 said...

Your card is beautiful Glenda. I've never really been in to stamps with people for some reason, but I really love this one. She is awfully cute, and your coloring is incredible. The whole card is gorgeous!

Selma said...

Another beautiful card. I always love your coloring Glenda. I don't have beans but we picked 10 pounds of strawberries this morning - some for jam and some for strawberry shortcake. It is always lots of work, but so worth it.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Glenda what a fabulous image and I love that oval die well done Hugs Elaine

Starla said...

You are a master at coloring!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Glenda,
This is one of my favorite stamps. You have colored her perfectly. I love how the wings hang outside the die...lovely job....yumm fresh green beans....mmmmmmmm!