Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You Mean so Much to Me.....


Good morning everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful long holiday weekend!  We totally enjoyed it in our household.  Much needed rest and lots of crafting for me!  I spent two days just playing...you know....trying new papers, colors, ribbons, etc. just to see how it works!  I had so much fun and learned a lot of tricks for using some of the products I already own.  I hate to keep spending when I have lots of things that I need to use before I buy more.  Well, as I'm saying this, my card does use one new thing I purchased.  I just couldn't resist this new embossing folder!  It is a Cuttlebug folder (Madison)  I just love it and you will be seeing it many different ways in the coming days!  I love the iron works look and feel to it; and I also enjoy making white on white cards.  I stamped my sentiment on watercolor paper and cut out using a Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two die and popped it up just a little to add a little dimension.  I just didn't want it to totally blend in with the background.  My little butterfly is from Martha Stewart and once I punched it, I added stickles to give it a little glitz!  My sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations and the item number is:  HCPC 3382 Magnificent Cardinal Rose PreCut Set.

I love the way the card turned out!  Simple but still quite elegant and could be used for a woman or a  man.  I left the inside of the card blank so I can write a note when I mail this one.

Well I think this is all for me today.  Be sure and check back tomorrow because, believe it or not, it will be Heartfelt Creations Wednesday.  We will be zooming right through this week!  I hope you have a great day and that the sun shines wherever you are!  Be sure and take a moment out just for you and "Breathe"!

12 comments:

Chris(craft) and Dave(photos) Richards said...

Hi Glenda, fabulous embossing,such a lovely creation !
love and hugs
chris richards
xxxxxx

DottyA Cards & Things said...

Love your new folder, it's a perfect match with with the Fancy Tag you picked... This card is diffently Elegant looking indeed!

Sol said...

WOW... Beautiful!!!... I love this Embossing folder... I see so much in it...
It would be Perfect for a wedding card also.. Because I see two church windows in it also... :o) And I looooove Swirls...
Your Card is so Beautiful... I agree.. You don`t need anything more... Less is more.. And with all the dry embossing... this is enough.. And it is Stunning...

Great Card!! :o)

craftieodmae said...

yes I love it, gotta, it's white on white LOL,love the embossing folder..........gotta save my pennies and go for that one !!!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Glenda, just loving this and the way you have used the white on white to such great affect (and good pickie too!) - thanks for sharing and yes agree with you Madison is just gorgeous dont have it and not sure I should buy it. :( but have heaps of them anyway :D count your blessings and all that, love Shaz.xx

The Other Patti Sue said...

This card screams elegance Glenda! Absolutely stunning!

Elly said...

Such an elegant card Glenda!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful all white card, Glenda! Love that new embossing folder. It is 66 degrees out this morning! Yeah! Have a wonderful day.

Janett said...

Glinda what a beautiful card. I love the embossing folder.

Lenoria said...

This is such a beautiful and elegant card! I love the white on white and also the embossing folder. I don't have that one, but am adding it to my "wish" list. Hope all is well with you with all this liquid sunshine we have been getting. We really needed the rain and it is so cool outside now it feels like fall.

Susanne said...

Love this - pinned it.

Patty Sue 2 said...

White on white is so elegant and your card is no exception. That is a beautiful embossing folder and I love the little touches like the butterfly that make this card so special!