Saturday, January 29, 2011

January Thaw.....

As we are apparently in the midst of a January Thaw, my thoughts have turned to springtime and flowers and green grass, and butterflies...etc. etc.  You get the picture.  Our temps are ranging in the upper 50's and sunshine and I have to tell you I'm loving it.  But the news says more cold temps coming just around the corner.  So this morning I want to share my new card with you.  I made it for the Weekly Card Challenge #4 over at Joan's Gardens.  You can follow this link to check out all the information on this and maybe you might want to play along!  Joan's Gardens   This week Joan asked that we do the following:

1. Use Yellow and Green for your colors
2. a piece of trim
3. a frame to call attention to your focal point
4. embossing




I used the Daffodils from my Flourishes "A Year in Flowers" set and colored it with Copics.  This is the first time I have used my Copics in a long time and my skills are a little rusty, but I did enjoy doing this.  It really reminds me of Spring and sunshine!  I hope you enjoy this one....I have seen a Robin in our yard so I know Spring can't be far away....I hope she brought her Blizzard Bloomers as we have Arctic air coming!

Supplies:
Flourishes Stamps
Spellbinders Dies
Gina K Designs Card Stock
Copic Markers
Ribbon and Pearls from my Stash
Cuttlebug Folder


12 comments:

craftieodmae said...

absolutely gorgeous! praying for a early spring!!!!

DottyA Cards & Things said...

So Fresh and Sunny, your card makes me smile. It just makes you feel GOOD!! And a very nice job coloring even thow you didn't use your favorite Ranger inks!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty Glenda! It totally screams spring! We have temps in the 40's would love to have the 50's! Have a great weekend!

Patty Sue 2 said...

This is so spring...it just makes me want to check for my spring flowers. Your coloring doesn't look rusty to me! The Other Patty Sue 2

Darlene said...

Sooooooooo pretty Glenda! Great Job!!

Carol L said...

One of my favorite floral images is this daffodil! I love the lacy borders and beautiful coloring you've done here!

jojoscraps said...

Well absolutely nothing is thawing here in western Canada. We got another 6 inches of snow here today. So it's nice to see your beautiful spring card. Very pretty and I love that lacy border too.
Jo xx

Joan Fricker said...

Glenda, absolutely beautiful and truly a reminder that spring is around the corner. I love the Spellbinders used that way. Great job!

Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #4 Weekly Card Challenge. I love seeing all the ideas.

Joan
www.atjoansgardens.com

Sylvia said...

Glenda, Your card is so spring!I love daffodils! My hycnth are peeking out of the ground. We have had warmth as well, in the 70's yesterday. It looks like spring, feels like spring, but February is likely to take us back into winter again. I am holding my breath! Have a lovely rest of your day!

Leslie Miller said...

It's beautiful, Glenda! Perfectly framed, and I do love a yellow and green color combo. I like your sponging and distressing, too. Sure makes me think of spring! We've been having beautiful weather, too, but I don't expect it to last, and it would be unnatural if it did, sigh...

Linda W. said...

Glenda; your card is absolutely tops! I love that frame and the daffodils are one of my fave flowers! I love them all!

Fiona said...

Gorgeous card - this would be so suitable for St David's Day who is the patron saint of Wales and daffodils are the flower of Wales.