Thursday, January 6, 2011

Good Morning!

Well, I have been up for a long time.  Sometimes it doesn't matter what you take or how badly you need to sleep, it just doesn't happen.  Ok, one night out of 5 isn't too bad .....right?  I have been doing well these last few nights but last night was a bummer again.  I'm hoping this isn't going to be a trend for me.  Insomnia is not becoming to an old lady!  Deep wrinkles and puffy eyes are a fact of life, but no sleep just makes this worse and I have to tell you.....looking in the mirror can be hazardous to your health!  That old lady looking back at me from the mirror is not even my Mother!  So now that we have that little episode off our chest....I have my little angel finished and mounted onto a card and ready to share....



The image is a Magnolia stamp (Sitting Angel) and she has been stamped onto water color paper and colored with Ranger Distress Inks.  I really love how she turned out....I've been trying so hard to get the shading just right and this one actually looks the way I wanted her to look!  Check out those cheeks.....now I ask you.....aren't they just perfect?  I used chalk to do her cheeks.  In the past, every time I tried to do cheeks, I ruined the whole image.  I will definitely be doing more of the chalk from now on.  the flowers are some of the E-Line flowers from Prima I received in the mail a few days ago.  I just edged them with distress ink, sprayed with Glimmer Mist and pushed some stamen through the centers.  Then everything got just a splash of Crystal Stickles.  The branches are from a punch that I have.  They were Glimmer Misted with Honey Dew Mist and then some Stickles on them too. 

Oh, we got more snow yesterday evening...It looks about 1 1/2 inches maybe 2 and it is a heavy wet snow.  The next few days are supposed to be frigid again so a good excuse to keep a fire and color some more!  Maybe I can take some pictures to show later!  Have a wonderful day....it's Thursday and the weekend is in sight.....so keep your head down and keep plowing forward!

6 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

This is so precious! Yes your coloring is perfect... those cheeks couldn't be done any better! Love what you did with the flowers!

craftieodmae said...

I am so sorry you can't sleep, I'm the same way only last night I slept pretty good, got up once and was able to go back to sleep. I love your card, all the sparkle is fantastic!!!!

Gloria Dawson said...

Glenda,

This card is stunning!! Such a cute little Tilda and your coloring is amazing!! I love everything about it.....wish I could water color half as good!

Blessings,
Gloria

Starla said...

INCREDIBLE!! I think I need to take watercolor classes from you!!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Glenda! Love your water coloring! As for sleep, we are all there with you! Fortunately, I can get a little in the afternoon, but night is scarey! Hope you get some sleep soon!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Her cheeks are perfect...you could get a job as a makeup artist! I love how soft this card is. Everything looks elegant in a soft, beautiful way. A truly beautiful card!