Friday, June 4, 2010

Just For Fun Friday Challenge #14

Good Friday Morning everyone!  I hope you are Up and Ready to Go!  Since it is Friday, it is again time to challenge your creativity!!  KAT has chosen  Monochromatic: Shades of Any One Color  for today's challenge!  Come play with us!  Just make a card/project using these colors and JFF stamps if you have them.... if you don't have any of these stamps just use what you have...then go to the JFF blog site http://jffstamps.typepad.com/jffstamps/ and link your card or project using the Mister Linky at the bottom of the post.  We look forward to seeing what you will come up with!  We love having you play with us each week!


Here is my card for this week's challenge.  I used the JFF stamp #A3195 (Trudy) for my image.  You can find this stamp at the JFF website http://jffstamps.com.  When you visit, you will see they have some amazing stamps!

Now, back to my card...I made the background on my card stock base using Pearl Andirondack Acrylic paint and a piece of Saran wrap.  You just dab the paint on glossy card stock and then let it dry.  Next you add some ink to give the color you want.  I used Ranger Distress Ink in Victorian Velvet....it made it a nice pink color, just what I needed for my shades of pink card.  Next layer is some lace from my stash (I think I found this at Walmart and I sponged some Victorian Velvet ink onto the edges of that.  Next layer, I used
card stock sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in  Vintage Pink, and Pearl.  I ran it through my Cuttlebug with a folder to emboss.  Then I used Spellbinders Dies to cut my three layers   to set up my image.  I used paper from my stash and did different things to add texture.  One layer was run through the Cuttlebug and then sprayed with Glimmer Mist, one was sponged with Victorian Velvet Ink and then my image was sponged with Victorian Velvet ink also.  My roses are also homemade using a twisted paper technique and they were distressed and also got a spray of Glimmer Mist.  The Leaves are a Spellbinders die that was sponged with Distress Ink.   Whew....I'm getting long winded!   I hope you enjoy it!  Now let's see what you come up with!!

You might also like to visit the other DT Members Blogs and see what they did.  You will not be disappointed.  If you like what you see, just leave a comment!  There is a lot of talent on this DT!!

Sherry Cheever - DT Coordinator
Broni Holcombe
Kat Tucker
Sandy Sandrus
Terre Fry
Roni Johnson
Glenda Brooks - You are here
Beth Moore
Margarita Ybarra
Starla Nelson
JFF Blog

11 comments:

chaun said...

I'd love to learn how to make the twisted flowers!
Do you have a tutorial for that?

Broni said...

I thought this was a gorgeous picture frame until I read that it's a card! It's beautiful! I love it!

Margarita Ybarra said...

Love the card! I love vintage looking stuff.

Saran wrap? Where do you guys come up with these ideas? I'm loving it...now if I just had more to play with all these new techniques I'm hearing about!

KAT said...

Beautiful vintage frame - love the color and the lace really makes it stunning - or maybe it's those awesome flowers!

Beate said...

Gorgeous card, Glenda! I love your image, lace, flowers...everything.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs and smiles

Terre said...

Glenda I think I have that lace, you know how I love the vintage look you really did a nice job

Starla said...

GORGEOUS! Some day I will be able to look at lace and know what to do with it!!

Wendy said...

So pretty. Your cards are always so intricate--they look like they took hours to make!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Beautiful roses to set off your wonderfu card. Pat

Susan (rainy) said...

Oh my!! This is gorgeous. Those roses are stunning!

Jerri Jimenez said...

Glenda, this is absolutely gorgeous, a beautiful design!