Friday, May 21, 2010

Just For Fun Stamps Friday Color Challenge!

Good Friday Morning!! It is again time for our weekly color challenge over at Just For Fun Stamps. Come play with us!  Just make a card/project using these colors-Turquoise, Rust and Cream.  You don't have to use Just For Fun Stamps if you don't have them. Then go to the JFF blog http://jffstamps.typepad.com/jffstamps/ and add a link to your card using the Mr. Linky at the bottom of the page.  We really love having you play along with us!




My card for today is using the JFF stamp F2714 Wildflower Silhouette.  I stamped on black cardstock with white craft ink and colored with watercolor pencils then added just a dot of white ink to make it pop; I cut out with Spellbinders Classic Ovals Large and lined with a gold leafing pen.  Next layer is Spellbinder Fleur De Lis Pendants (two of them).  The next layer is a homemade paper using pearl acrylic paint and Ranger Distress Ink (Pumice Stone)  Silk ribbon from my stash and yes, I did tie my own bow this time.  Last layer is tissue paper colored with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and my homemade mist using Ranger Distress Re-inkers for Broken China and water.  I don't have a lot of paper; when I purchase it is always the wrong color or pattern or something, so most of the time I just make my own ....that way I can control the color,texture and I do much better that way. 


My tag uses the Music stamp from JFF Stamps.  I stamped and used Ranger Rusty Hinge and Vintage Paper Distress Ink  to color.  I set it on some paper from my stash of sheet music which has the distress ink used on it also.  The base tag is winkle free distress and then some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist sprayed on to make it shine.  I took a star button cover off a blouse and added it to the tag.  The ribbon part is jute that was braided. 

OK, now you have seen my card and tag ....below is a list of participating designers from Just For fun Stamps.  Just click on their names and it should take you to their blogs where you can see their projects.  Trust me, you will be pleasantly surprised, and you will enjoy every minute of your journey!  I hope to see your designs link on the JFF blog!

Oh yeah!  It is Friday and I'm getting ready for the weekend....It is almost here.  Enjoy and remember to take time to breathe!

Sherry Cheever - DT Coordinator
Broni Holcombe
Kat Tucker
Glenda Brooks - Your here
Sandy Sandrus
Starla Nelson
Terry Fry
Ronnie Johnson
Beth Moore
Margarita Ybarra
JFF Blog






8 comments:

Ink Stained Roni said...

Beautiful!! So very elegant!

Margarita Ybarra said...

I love your projects this week. Your flowers on your card are gorgeous!

Sherry Cheever said...

OMG -- I LOVE them both! The first with the black background and the colored image . . . AWESOME! The second . . . love the distressed paper and the star . . . FABULOUS!

Broni said...

These are wonderful, Glenda! Love how you used the SB pendant on the first card and especially the wrinkled sheet music on the second! Great cards!!

Terre said...

Glenda love your card and tag..hmmmm is that a Spellbinders die I see...love them both very beautiful.

KAT said...

The silhouette image with the craft ink and colored pencils is beautiful - it pops right off of the background! I also love the grungy tag!

Starla said...

Two completely different looks and both are fabulous!!

1CardCreator said...

Very pretty, I love how you used the watercolors and white to make the image pop! Thanks for sharing. ~Diane