Sunday, May 30, 2010

Gentle thoughts of you.....


Since this is a Holiday, long weekend, I have been spending time playing....  I decided to do a basic white card with a few focal points.  I used a cuttlebug folder to emboss the base card then layered with Spellbinders Dies...I Used Ranger Distress Ink in Bundled Sage to edge the ovals, then I stamped the saying in the Bundled Sage Also.  I made paper flowers out of twisted typing paper then wound it around and around and glued to a piece of card stock then sprayed with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Vintage Pink, Pearl and Irridesent Gold.  The leaves are also a Spellbinders Die with Bundled Sage sponged onto them.  The Saying is from Stampin-Up Limited Edition ...Garden Collage...from 2005.  I just love these stamps and use them quite often!

Well I hope you have a wonderful, safe holiday!  We are just hanging out here, no plans, just some much needed rest!  I wish the same for you!! 

5 comments:

Beate said...

Oh Glenda, this is soooo beautiful! I love everything about it. The embossing, the subtle colors and the gorgeous flowers. I made the same type of flowers out of ribbon yesterday. They are sitting at my desk waiting to be used. But I LOVE them out of paper....
I feel a tutorial with variations coming up.
Have wonderful Memorial Day weekend!
Hugs and smiles

The Rubber Maid said...

Your card is gorgeous and the flowers are too beautiful for words. Very Lovely. Pat

Amanda said...

Wow! Beautiful!
Have a great week.

Leslie Miller said...

I had to give this card a good, close look. It's so pretty with the dry embossing, paper roses, and gentle sponging. You know, I never really thought to center the embossing folder on my card front like this, leaving that smooth edge border. I like it! Wonderful card!

Julie Koerber said...

This is just LOVELY Glenda!!